Saturday, January 19, 2008

Angel Fish

Last week we started swimming lessons. Nehemiah seems to really enjoy the water and also watching all the other babies. We get to do the back float, front float, jump from the side of the pool while singing Humpty Dumpty, sing other favorites like The Wheels on the Bus and The Grand Old Duke of York, monkey crawl along the wall, use kick boards, rings and other swim toys. It's so much fun! I wonder what Nehemiah thinks of it all. The instructor always reminds us how to hold them and says to make sure they can always see you so they know you are near. I swear Nehemiah tries to get away from me. He kicks his feet and splashes his arms. This past Thursday we were having "free time." I had Nehemiah sitting on the side and I was pulling him in. I had my hands lightly on his legs as I turned for just a second to see what the teacher was saying. Before I knew it, Nehemiah had plunged himself into the pool head first. Oops! He went all the way under. As I pulled him out I expected him to cry and be sputtering water everywhere. To my surprise, he acted as if nothing had happened. He was perfectly fine. Maybe we'll try it again, this time on purpose.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I am still laughing outloud picturing Nehemiah plunging into the pool. Nothing phases my mellow little nephew. Maybe Nemo is an even better nickname then we thought! He is proving himself to be quite the fish!