Monday, January 28, 2008

First Sign

So for months now I always do signs with Nehemiah while he's eating. Just the basics like eat, more and all done. Since the fishbowl is right by the highchair we always talk about the fish, and I would open and close my mouth as I would tell him about it. About a week and a half ago, Nehemiah started clicking his tongue when I would do the fish sign. He seemed to be trying to copy me. He knew I was doing something with my mouth and it made a noise. I was excited and thought he was doing this for fish, but was still not completely sure. Well, his sign has evolved...it's now an open and close the mouth motion and I'm sure he is doing it because whenever we go talk about the fish he does it and even if we are not by the fish, but I talk about the fish he does it. I swear. Sometimes we try to show him off and he won't do it. But isn't that always the way it goes. So, I'm going to count it as his first sign. Don't know if it is a very useful word to communicate, but he sure is cute, and so smart...don't you think.

No comments: